Today I want to discuss how can you debug customization code that has been added from the user interface.
The general plan is to move your code to from customization manager to Extension Library, than open in in visual studio and debug.
1) Select code that you need to debug.
2) Create Extension Library.
3) Move your code to Extension library
4) Open extension Library in Visual Studio
5) Find your code in Solution Explorer and put Breakpoint where you need it.
6) Use button “Attach to process” and select all w3wp.exe processes.
7) Click Attach
8) Use browser to trigger your code. Than system will automatically hit breakpoint and give control to your.
Have a nice debugging!