Lets imagine scenario where you want to send multiple notifications about multiple documents from the system. It might be quite complicated if you decide to do it manually.
Today I want to show you one trick how you can trigger standard notification on multiple documents at once. For this task we will use Automation Notifications, Custom Field and Generic Inquiry.
My scenario would be to update my customers about quotes that are expiring soon. I want to review them before sending notifications, but do not want to do it one by one.
General idea is – to have a special not visible but editable field that will trigger notification. If we have field, that we can easily update it using Generic Inquiry Mass update operation.
Welcome in the article if you want to see configuration and testing steps.
First of all I need to complete following configuration steps:
- Create a custom “DateTime” field on Sales Orders screen. This field would be used as a notification trigger – standard Acumatica Notification engine can need to use field to understand when it should send message. Custom field is also fully supported.
- We also should add field to screen, but make it invisible.
- Next we need to create a Automation Notification that will inform our customer that their quita expiring soon.
- Notification should send email to customer primary email.
- Notification should be triggered only when my custom field is changed.
- Now we need to mass update this field. To do this we are going to create a Generic Inquiry that shows us all quotes.
- Also we need to enable Mass Field Update to mass change our trigger.
- Go to GI and select several Orders
- Use Actions menu to trigger Mass Update
- Wait and ensure that records have been processed.
- Check notifications. In my case they are pending as I have disabled notification scheduler.
Now you can send as many notifications simultaneously as you want.
Note that you also attach Quota Report to the notification message.
Have a nice configuration.