Past several years Microsoft has added multiple possible VM sizes (that you can check here) and they actually will not stop at this point.
So we need a good way to easily change some properties, if we want to have custom Azure configurations. Today i want to share with you the way how can you repack Acumatica Azure package.
To complete there steps you need to have installed:
- Microsoft .Net 4.0+ for running PowerShell script.
- Azure SDK 2.9+ You can download it here. Actually you just need a one single tool that will do packing – MicrosoftAzureAuthoringTools-x64.msi. Than you will be able to find a CSPack.exe tool by this path “C:Program FilesMicrosoft SDKsAzure.NET SDKv2.9bin” CSPack can generate *.cspkg files, that are actually should be uploaded to Azure
- 7zip.exe for extracting files
The idea about this approach, that Azure package is just a Zip file, that can be extracted. So we can extract it, change required configuration and pack it back.
Here you can see folders structure that I have prepared for this task:
- In the “In” folder you should put your Acumatica Service.cspkg right there.
- “Out” folder will contains repacked file in the end of process.
- “Package” folder contains some tools and temporary extracted files required for the process.
- “7za.exe” – 7zip console tool
- “template.txt” list of system files required for packing
- “properties.txt” list of additional required properties
- “1-extract.bat” will extract data from standard package.
- “2-pack.bat” will pack data back after modification of properties.
- “ServiceDefinition.csdef” is Azure csdef file that contains some properties and actually includes vmsize that we need to change.
So the entire scenario:
- Download Acumatica Azure Package from Acumatica web site.
- Put Package to “In” folder
- Run Extract.bat
- Change vmsize in the “ServiceDefinition.csdef” file to required size for your company
- Run Pack.bak
- Get Result package from “Out” folder.
Have a nice Installation.