Today want to give you one more view on the development process in Acumatica.
When you have a team you have a different types of people with different skills. And everyone within a team should know their part of the whole process.
In Acumatica every team has following members:
- Product Manager
- Quality Asurance Engeneer
- Technical Writer
- Product Manager works with partners, clients and other information sources to prepare specification that will describe what feature should have from business perspective
- Developer or Lead Developer works with specification to prepare a technical specification that will describe architecture of changes to achieve the needed functionality.
- Developer(s) does coding part.
- In Parallel of the late coding stages Product Manager together with QA Engineers starts to prepare acceptance tests documents.
- Developer(s) continue to work on code and bug fixes.
- As soon as main functions are stabilised QA engineers Works on coding of automated regression tests to cover all required functionalities
- As soon as all critical bugs are fixed, Product Manager performs final acceptance
- When feature is confirmed all code and tests should be merged within main branch and reviewed by architects and Team leads
- Technical Writer performs the feature description only when all functionality is accepted and committed.
Really hope it will help you with own development process organization!