Have you ever use Google docs or Office 365? It is new way of working, when all your documents are somewhere in the cloud. Many employees can view and edit documents simultaneously.
Today I want to share with you one trick how you can include Excel file (and other office documents as well) right to Acumatica user interface.
If you interesting in this, welcome in this article.
- First of all you need to create excel file. I will use InvoicedItems,xlsx file that is attached to InvoicedItems generic inquiry page in Sales Demo data.
- Login to your Office 365 aтв open One Drive
- Upload your excel file to one drive.
- Using "Share" button, share this file and copy an online link. You can choose any link (with any suggested access rights) you want.
- Copy the link. It will be something like this: https://acumatica-my.sharepoint.com/personal/smarenich_acumatica_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=<token>&docid=<id>
- Add 2 additional parameters to this link - action=embedview and wdbipreview=true. So the result URL will be like this: https://acumatica-my.sharepoint.com/personal/smarenich_acumatica_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=<token>&docid=<id>&action=embedview&wdbipreview=true
- Copy the result link and past it into the browser url. Browser will show you a preview of excel file.
- If you check, than browser has automatically change the url. And actually that is the url that we need. Copy new url form address bar - you will have something like this: https://acumatica-my.sharepoint.com/personal/smarenich_acumatica_com/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=<DOCID>&action=embedview
- Now we need to include it into the Acumatica sitemap. Create a new node in any place you line and past the URL into appropriate column.
- Use new node on the left tree to open excel file inside Acumatica.
And now you can see a good result.
This way can be quite good opportunity on demo - show it and prove that future is for the cloud solutions. Having everything in one environment is very good selling point.
Have a nice demo!